Monday, June 29, 2009

Untitled Verses

Running from the depths of my emotion
in the fields where feelings are manufactured
I still feel its nauseating pangs
this loneliness could be a killer

At day it dominates my utmost thoughts
at night it becomes my 'undependable' companion
as even sleep eludes my eyes
and anxiety rules all the way through

It started when you packed your baggage
and quietly walked out of the door
that rainy night several moons ago
then I indulged myself in great pretence
that my soup was not as salty and the bed just warm enough
nay! For I fooled even myself

The solution lies in my mind, I reckon
or perhaps the control of the disposition of the spirit
I'd search far and near for what I hope to be the cure
yet for now let me contend with these untitled verses

No comments:

Post a Comment